Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I QUIT!!!

That's right, people. I quit my biggest addiction. This is HUGE for me! I live on these things. This is what I rely on to get me through the day. However, I know this love is not the healthiest for me, and am pretty sure I will feel better once I get adjusted to their absence. I do not intend to depart from it forever, however, I will be leaving it behind for about 3 months, and after that, will hopefully be cutting it down to once a week (instead of my regular one or two a day). I need to get in shape for Megan's wedding, which is May 21. This also means I am trying to work out. Ugh.

I have been off Dr. Peppers for 8 days now. Yay me!! Please pray this continues!!

4 comments:

  1. Once you quit, you probably won't be able to go back. So, YAY! Proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 days!? Gina, that's great! I quit diet coke and diet dr. pepper last fall. I've had two since then (one was YESTERDAY) and have honestly found that they weren't satisfying at all! That surprised me. Anyways, proud of you. Your choice will make a difference. I just read that the 39 grams of sugar in a can of Dr. Pepper is the same as 10 teaspoons of sugar. Wow! I didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Gina! Great job! I quit sodas (for the most part), in high-school, when Sheila Wright was my cheer coach. Apparently you can lose 5 pounds, in a year, just my quitting them. I have one occasionally, mainly from the fountain... I like them better that way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay. just read this. and im so curious. how did it go? can you honestly tell a difference in how you feel? are you sticking to your guns? :) im proud! one of my besties quit DP for a 3 month weight loss contest @ work (he drank 3 or 4 a day...literally.) and he lost 18 lbs. no lie. that's a man for you. so not fair ;) proud of you for doing this!

    ReplyDelete